Ibstock takes its name from the original base in the village of Ibstock in Leicestershire, where the Company headquarters is still situated. Brickmaking has taken place on the site as far back as 1830. In 1899, the Company was registered as Ibstock Collieries Ltd. Its principal activity was coal mining as well as quarrying clay for the manufacture of bricks and pavers.
Ibstock Ltd now has 24 brick and paver plants with a total annual capacity in excess of 900 million bricks. The Company employs a total of 1960 people across the UK and has the backing of one of the world’s largest building materials companies.